Search Fit-In-Fitness

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eating clean on the go- Lean Turkey Burger Balls


Tomorrow I'm jet setting to Columbus, Ohio for the 2010 Arnold Sports Festival. My nails are done, spray tan is on, and my bags are almost packed. One bag that I must have with me is my cooler of course. After all, Kelly's Kooler is a staple on all long trips so I can continue to eat clean and feel amazing.

Today I made lean turkey balls to flash freeze and pack in my cooler for my 4 day trip. Perdue's lean ground turkey offers about 24 g of protein, 0 g carb, 2 g saturated fat, and 160 calories for a 3 oz portion. This bite size protein source makes the perfect on the go meal. Try pairing with steamed vegetables, over a salad, or alongside a baked sweet potato.

Turkey Balls

2 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp worcestershire sauce

Roll turkey into 1 inch balls
Season turkey balls
Bake at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet covered with foil for 20 minutes

4 balls equals 3 oz portion

*Flash freeze for 15-20 minutes and put individual portions in Ziplock bags for quick grab and go meals.


No comments: